Saturday, December 3, 2011

Operation: Coal Bin

So..... We're having a coal stove installed in our home in the next week or so, which we cannot wait for :) Coal heats super nice and is quite cheap compared to that black gold they call heating oil.

That being said, a coal stove runs on coal, and coal takes up space, and so I must build a coal bin.

Okey dokey.....hmmm... where to start.... well, the stove says it burns about 3 tons a winter, and the instructions say that 3 tons of pea sized coal (which isn't even close to the size of a pea, more like a walnut) should be able to be housed in a 4x4x8 bin. No problem :) , i will borrow my father and his van and we will head over to the lumber store to pickup some 3/4" plywood and other miscellaneous pieces that we'll need. Now I work at a bank, so you will probably figure quickly that I'm not like Tim the tool-man, so we shall see how this turns out...

I will post a picture when things are taking form :)

Have a great Saturday morning everyone.....brrrrr.....its chilly

~Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment