Saturday, December 3, 2011
Smoking is bad
This is pretty much my Jeep's way of getting back at me for deciding not to blog about it yesterday when i was too tired and deemed it not worth my time....
This all started yesterday..follow me....
.,~*`*~,.~Traveling through time (watch out for the sparkles)~*`*~,.~
Ok, so actually now that i think about it this really started about 9 years ago when I was a smoker and I had fist bought my Jeep. When I used to smoke, I would sometimes sit out in my jeep late in the evening and prop my door open with my foot. Well i got tired of the switch on my door beeping because my accesories were turned on so i could use the lighter, so i located the fuse to the door switch and removed it so it would no longer beep constantly while the door was open. One little problem with that is that the car would no longer beep to warn you if you left your lights on, it would just sit there content as all get out until your batteries died. That being said, for the last 9 years I have always been careful to check that my headlights were off when i was walking away from my car, and there have been many times were i have left them on for maybe a half hour or so and didn't realize it. Yesterday however was a different story. I worked until 4pm after which I got out to my car with glee to start my three day weekend ...YAY! Click...nothing...no noise...just me turning a key and my jeep not starting. Then what to my marvelous eyes should appear, as I glance over and notice my lights are turned on, or were for that matter, and now my battery is dead. Back inside to ask my manager for a jump, and fortunately the old Jeep started right up, no problem....or so it seemed :) This morning I started out alone to the bank to do some of my own business, and curiously the radio wouldn't start, no beeps, no lights, no nothing..."you've gotta be kidding me"... I finally just took a deep breath and was like "OK...I'm over it.." That radio was on its last leg anyway, because about a year ago it decided to shirk its cd playing duties by billowing smoke at me... (apparently it doesn't have the taste for disco music that i do) ....
Long story short....I know...too late :)
Don't smoke, its deadly to you, your car battery, and your radio....
~Brian
PS- I quit smoking about 6 years ago....and it was one of the best decisions i ever made.
Labels:
car radio,
car trouble,
dead battery,
smoking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment